Coming this Sunday: Message 8 of Christ Crucified
Christ Crucified to Set Us Free
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. Romans 6:22
When Jesus died on the cross, in a real and incredible and powerful way, we were set free. We were freed from God’s wrath, freed from Satan’s captivity, freed from sin’s penalty and power! We were freed! Having had our chains broken, our shackles removed, and our prison doors thrown open, what shall we do with our freedom? Today we consider Biblical freedom and what it means to be free in Christ. We’ll talk through what freedom in Christ is not, and then cast a vision for what it is.
Scripture: Romans 6:15-23
Questions to Consider
1. What does it mean to be set free by Christ? How would you explain it to your friend?
2. We can mistakenly use our freedom in Christ to drift towards lawlessness (Corinthians) or legalism (Galatians). Which way do you find yourself drifting?
3. Why do you drift towards lawlessness? How does the gospel address this?
4. Why do you drift towards legalism? How does the gospel address this?
5. What is the difference between Biblical obedience and legalism?
6. In light of this, why is Christ crucified precious to you today?