1. What is an idol?
2. What are some major idols in our city/culture?
3. What are your idols? To help you identify your idol(s), ask yourself these questions:
- What do you habitually dream about to get joy and comfort?
- What do you really want out of life?
- What is that if you could just have ___________, then your life would be happy, complete, acceptable, significant, secure?
- How do you spend your money? Jesus said that “where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Follow the money and you’ll find a road-map to your god.
4. Read Isaiah 44:9-20. What does the passage say about the folly of idolatry?
5. Read Psalm 115:4-8 and Isaiah 44:18-20. What are the spiritual effects of idolatry?
6. Having identified your idol(s), what would tearing it down look like? What are some specifics steps you are going to take to destroy the idols in your life?
7. Why is replacing worshiping idols with worshiping Jesus essential in the war against idolatry? What would this look like in your life?
8. Read Exodus 32:30-34. How can this passage grow your love for Jesus?