Pastor Anthony Coughlin from ReaLife Church preached for us on Sunday from 1 Peter 3:8-17. It was a great example of God’s providential care. Pastor Ant preached on Hope in Suffering. A few weeks back, we opened the year with a time for people to share of God’s grace to them. Many of our people shared of the hardships and difficulties that they were facing. It seemed like suffering was the big theme of the day. So then, it was so fitting for us to hear just a few weeks later on how to suffer with hope. Again, count it a blessing Seven Mile Road that we are connected with some great churches in our city who love us and serve us well. Here are some thoughts for you and/or your SoulCare Community to consider in applying the preaching.
- What stood out to you as you heard Anthony share? What inspired or comforted or convicted or ________ you as you listened?
- Are you facing suffering right now?
- Can you be holy (holy = being like God) without being in community? Why or why not?
- Are you in community at Seven Mile Road? (This means more than just ‘Are you in a Soulcare Group?’ Rather, are you experiencing and living in Biblical community?)
- How can we be blessed/happy in suffering?
- How can we be witnesses for Jesus in suffering?
- Take some time to praise/pray for the work that God is doing in and through ReaLife Church.