Seven Mile Road, yesterday we preached, Lord Teach Us To Pray With Your Word. This morning, I was sent the following Bible Reading Plan by YouVersion.com. It’s a three week reading schedule focusing on prayer and allowing the words of Scripture to instruct, inform, and shape our prayers. I thought it a most providential coincidence. It begins today and ends on Easter Sunday. I invite you to join me. It can be a simple way to begin applying what we said yesterday. In the meantime, here are some questions for you and your SoulCare Community to consider.
- What stuck out to you (convicted, encourage, instructed, etc) about the sermon on Sunday and why?
- Have you struggled with knowing what to say when you pray?
- How can an open Bible be a help to us as we pray?
- All of God’s promises find their Yes in Jesus (2 Cor. 1:20). What does this mean and how is this an encouragement to you?
- Have you ever prayed the Scriptures? How do you feel about starting to do this?