Coming this Sunday: Message 6 of Christ Crucified
Christ Crucified To Defeat Our Enemies
When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the written code, with its regulations, that was against us and that stood opposed to us; he took it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Colossians 2:14-15
Christ crucified certainly appears weak. A man hung helpless on cross – arms pinned down unable to resist his enemies. A man bleeding out slowly. A man running out of air. A man whose life ebbs away. And yet, the New Testament speaks of the cross as unspeakable victory. For it is on the cross that Christ fights His greatest battle…and wins! Jesus has triumphed over Satan, sin, and death. With His death, death itself has died! And in His resurrection, God has vindicated Jesus showing His work on the Cross to be complete victory. Today we share and celebrate the victory of Christ!
The Resurrection account in all four Gospels; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; Colossians 2:13-15; Hebrews 2:14-15
Questions to Consider:
1. Some regard the cross as defeat and the resurrection as victory. How would you respond?
2. How is the cross victorious and over what?
3. How is the resurrection evidence of Christ’s victorious death?
4. How do we share in the victory of Christ?
5. How does Christ’s victory impact/effect you as you battle your enemies (Satan, sin, death)?
6. How do the Scriptures call us to battle our enemy? (Eph. 6:10-19; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8)
7. Why is Christ crucified and resurrected precious to you today?