The following blog is written by Sara Kuryan. Sara shares with us on how we can pray as their family travels to serve at Bombay Teen Challenge (BTC). This summer, two families from Seven Mile Road will be heading to BTC to serve and love our friends in Mumbai.
In August, Alex, Hannah, Grace and I will be traveling to Mumbai to serve the women and children at Bombay Teen Challenge. Alex went to Mumbai two years ago as part of Seven Mile Road’s first BTC medical mission trip.
We thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to serve BTC as a family this year. We are excited to be serving alongside John, Jocelyn, Maya, and Sonya. Our mission will include working in the medical clinics as well as spending time with the women and children at the orphanage, Ashagram, and Jubilee homes. Our children are looking forward to helping out by reading Bible stories and putting together arts and crafts with the kids at BTC.
We will also be meeting with the young men and women at BTC. Our hope is to share the power of God’s amazing love and grace and how it can transform lives.
As we prepare for our journey, we would like to ask for your prayers that we may be used as instruments to perform God’s work for His glory.
Here are a few of our prayer requests:
- Pray for God to prepare our hearts to serve Him according to His purposes and for His glory.
- Pray for traveling mercies and safety as we travel to various locations.
- Pray that God will provide the words to speak into the lives of the men, women and children.
- Pray that God will use this time for Hannah, Grace, Maya and even Sonya to develop a heart of service.
- Pray for God’s protection over our health.
- Pray for God’s direction for organization of trips to clinics and availability of supplies.
Thank you for keeping this mission in your prayers.